J16 3 Part Skin Model
3 Part Skin Model
With an average surface area of over 21 square feet (adult), skin is the largest organ of the body, weighing around 8 pounds. Educate about the layers of the skin and the very important purposes they serve utilizing this high quality Skin Model by 3B Scientific®.
The skin is shown 80 times magnified, so even the smallest structures can be seen in detail. It can be taken apart easily thanks to magnetic connections for better demonstration, and represents the three most important sections of skin: the human scalp, the palm of a hand, and the back of a hand.
- Microanatomical representation of the papillary layer (e.g. localized in the palm of the hand)
- Microanatomical representation of the reticular layer (e.g. localized at the back of the hand)
- Longitudinal section through the human scalp with hair follicle and root sheath
- Magnetic connections allow for the three parts to be taken apart easily and fast
All layers of the skin (epidermis, dermis, and subcutis) and microscopic structures such as nerves, vessels and tactile corpuscles are shown in an anatomically accurate representation.
Skin, the body’s protective cover:
Healthy skin protects us from the outer world being a waterproof, insulating shield against bacteria, dirt and other foreign objects, ultraviolet rays of the sun, and extreme temperatures. It is packed with nerves and allows us to move freely and experience the world (tactile sense). The nerves serve as a direct connector from the outside to our brain, and thus the skin functions as an important regulatory indicator for our body’s fluids and temperature regulation.
The anatomical models have strong magnets that allow them to be attached to magnetic wall panels for easy viewing. This is particularly useful for anatomy and biology lessons, when a whole class can be pointed to certain anatomical structures and the models should be mounted well visible to all. In addition, the mounting with magnet allows a quick and easy removal after class, when the models have to be stowed away again.
Every original 3B Scientific anatomy model now includes these additional FREE features:
- Free access to the anatomy course 3B Smart Anatomy, hosted inside the award-winning Complete Anatomy app by 3D4Medical
- The 3B Smart Anatomy course includes 23 digital anatomy lectures, 117 different virtual anatomy models and 39 anatomy quizzes to test your knowledge
- Bonus: FREE warranty upgrade from 3 to 5 years with every product registration
Instructions for use click here